Home > Parents' Hub > FAQs


Is there an Open House for parents to visit Si Ling Primary School?

Yes. There will be an Open House in early July. In addition, we will be organising ‘Interaction Time with Principal’ for us to share the school programmes/activities with you. Do look out for more information in our website, Facebook and Instagram. 

Who can participate in the Primary One Registration Exercise in 2019?

Children born between 2 January 2013 and 1 January 2014 (both dates inclusive) can participate in the 2019 Primary One Registration Exercise for admission to Primary One classes in 2020.

How do I register my child for the Primary One Registration Exercise?

Registration for each phase is conducted at the primary school. Parents of Singapore Citizen (SC)/Permanent Resident (PR) children may proceed to the school of choice during their eligible phase to register their child for the Primary One Registration Exercise which is conducted from July to August every year.

For non-SC/non-PR children who wish to seek admission to Primary One in 2020, you can refer to MOE website at www.moe.gov.sg in May 2019.

How do I join as a Parent Volunteer in the School?

We value our parents as important partners working alongside supporting our work in nurturing pupils. If you are interested to join the Parent Support Group (PSG), please complete the e- registration form, Parent Volunteer Registration Form.  Our teacher-in-charge of PSG will contact you in due course.

What is the School Hours?

The school’s curriculum time is from 7.30 a.m. to 1.30 a.m., Monday to Friday.
Pupils are to assemble in the school hall for the Flag Raising 

What is the Recess Timing?

P1, P3 & P5: 9.30 a.m. to 10.00 a.m.
P2, P4 & P6: 10.00 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. 

How do I know if there is CCA, Remedial or Enrichment?

Consent forms will be issued for all activities after curriculum hours. You child can also view the CCA dates on the CCA notice board in the canteen. Parents are strongly encouraged to keep all CCA/Remedial/Enrichment programme schedule which you have given consent to.

What should I do if I need to contact my child urgently while she is in school?

You may call the school at 62698832.

What must I do if I need to bring my child home early?

Parents who wish to take their child home early are to inform the teachers. You are also required to record your request in the Early Dismissal Book at the General Office.

My child has misplaced/lost his Ezlink Card. How can I get a replacement?

For Ezlink Card replacement, you may download the application form from the Transitlink website. The instructions and details can be found in the form.

To report loss of card, please call Transit Link Hotline at 1800-2255663.