HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
MR KOH CHIN SHENG
MISS CECILIA ONG
MR LIM KIM SZE
Students learn well when there is order and discipline. At the same time, they need care, encouragement and space to learn from mistakes and improve. To this end, the school adopts a Positive Discipline/ Behaviour Support model towards developing self-discipline and good character in our students, and equipping them with the necessary social and emotional skills to behave thoughtfully and be responsible and respectful individuals.
Through promoting a safe and supportive environment and a culture of care, challenging behaviour are prevented from occurring. Inappropriate behavior are addressed promptly and corrected before it affects students’ development and well-being. Inappropriate behavior are replaced with prosocial, appropriate ones and in the process, relationships are restored between all parties involved.
Adhering closely to MOE’s philosophy on discipline, the school has distilled and formulated an intertwined 3 ringed approach to discipline, with each ring representing the approaches and partnership which the school takes towards building discipline in students.
- Pupils who are Singapore Citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Pupils will take the Pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Pupils are to wear the school uniform (PE attire inclusive) and modification to the uniform or PE attire is not allowed.
- Male pupils must be neat in appearance, clean shaven and no facial hair is allowed.
- Pupils are to be punctual for all school activities.
- Pupils must be mindful in keeping the classroom and school premises clean.
- Pupils must not leave the school premises without permission during curriculum time.
- Pupils must be courteous to school staff, visitors and schoolmates.
- Pupils must be safety-conscious and avoid dangerous activities.
- Every pupil has the right to learn in a healthy social environment. The school adopts a zero tolerance policy towards bullying. Bullying will not be condoned and any such misbehaviour will be dealt with.
- Pupils are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
- Mobile Device Policy
- Pupils are not encouraged to bring mobile devices to school, but should they choose to bring one, we want to nurture them to be responsible and discerning users of technology.
- The mobile device has to be switched off and kept securely by the pupil. It is not to be used during curriculum time, unless instructed by the teacher or for the purpose of communicating with their caregivers when the need arises.
*School rules extracted from Student Handbook 2019. Further details to some of the rules can be found in the student handbook.