ICT in Curriculum & Pedagogy
Nurturing Responsible Digital Citizens
The advancement of technology allows students vast exposure to cyberspace. It is thus crucial to equip students with the knowledge and awareness of topics related to Cyberwellness so that they know how to be safe and use technology responsibly.
Students learn to be responsible digital citizens through explicit teaching during Form Teacher Guidance Periods (FTGP), Cyberwellness STAR Booklets and Civic and Moral Education (CME) lessons as well as short bite-sized presentations during fortnightly morning assembly. In addition, Student Cyberwellness Ambassadors design and conduct activities for all students during Cyberwellness Week. Through these activities, students learn Cyberwellness tips and awareness of issues such as cyberbullying, excessive screen time and navigating the internet safely and responsibly.
Cyberwellness Week - Together for a Better Internet
ICT Infocomm Club
- To acquire the skills of pre-production, production and post-production of photography and videography
- To learn coding for the creation of their own games with good social values built in.
- To assist teachers with media coverage assistance during school events.
ICT Ambassadors and Monitors Workshops
Training on basic standard operating procedures for AVA & ICT equipment and important Cyber Wellness themes.
This workshop is conducted for our ICT Ambassadors and Monitors with the following goals in mind:
- To create opportunities for students to continue back to the school community through class, level or school events.
- To educate students on the proper usage and care of AVA & ICT equipment.
- To provide teachers with AVA & ICT assistance in class, level or school events.